MRSA help!

My (barely) 2 year old son may have MRSA, can anyone help? Has anyone ever had to deal with this with such a young baby?
I am REALLY worried about my baby, anyone have any helpful advice?

ketha04

Asked by ketha04 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Health

• A neighors little boy caught it in the hospital when he was born. He's 1 now and is fine.

The critical things to remember:

Follow the doctors directions. When he tells you what to do (any special baths or medicines to take) TAKE NOTES. Then repeat the directions to him to make sure you got it right. If you have any questions - any at all - don't ask us, call the doctor and ask.

Make certain all family members are tested. Warn anyone he has close contact with.

Make certain all medicine is taken exactly as the doctor says. If anyone else tests positive, they will be given medicine too. They need to take it exactly as prescribed even though they feel fine.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• In the future, never ask the doctor for antibiotics. If they will help and are needed, he will prescribe them. People demanding antibiotics for colds and allergies are one of the reasons MRSA exists. And always take your prescriptions as prescribed. People borrowing a few pills from a friend or saving "left-over" medicine "just in case" are the other main reason we have MRSA. Doing these types of things kills off the weak bacteria and leaves us with the super strong ones - like MRSA.
    kaycee14

• i would build your little ones immune system by giving daily probiotics, sodium absorbate (vit C), vit D, and cut back on sugar and processed foods. Our bodies are amazing and can heal on their own.

i like the holistic apprach vs man made meds.. here is a site-gl!
    http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/MRSA.html
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I had MRSA when I was 16 (I am 19 now) and I suggest that you take him to the ER or Urgent Care. MRSA can be extremely painful! I had two seperate drainage surgeries from my MRSA. Also I was on 4 different pill form antibiotics before surgeries and none worked. What finally worked was a strong antiobiotic IV drip for 3 days. But believe me, this is nothing you want to wait around for. Take him now to find out if it really is MRSA. I would hate for your son to go through anything like I had to!

mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 12:15 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• MRSA as you know can be very dangerous. I know you are worried sick. You said in your Question That your little one may have. Have you had the baby tested? Or gone to the pediatrician? This needs to be diagnosed and treated asap. This is one that can be treated more effectively if diagnosed early. Get your little one in to the Dr. or as it was stated above into the ER. Don't take any chances okay Mum. The baby is young as you say but MRSA has nothing to do with age. I hope a speedy recovery for your little one and that your fears are over soon.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 11:44 AM on Dec. 10, 2008