Do you buy your kids' teacher?

A gift at the end of the school year? If so what do you usually get them?

I ended up going and getting a basket and some things to put in it here is what I got; let me know what you think--

Lily Ginger Bath and Shower Gel; Lily Ginger Body Butter; Lily Ginger Body Sprtiz; a Loofa Sponge; 2 Books--If I had You and Summer Secrets; 2 Candles--one is Apple Cinnamon and the other is Ocean Breeze; a nice Writing Pen; 4 packets of Seeds--Tomatoes, Peppers, Radishes and Carrots; some assorted Tea Bags and a Small Writing Pad

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 1:06 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Holidays

• I always did and thought it was the norm since I remember always doing it for my teachers growing up. However, when I started teaching I realized most parents don't give gifts at all, even for Christmas. We still did teachers gifts as long as my kids were in public school, I know how much of themselves teachers put in. (c: I think your gift basket sounds wonderful! When I taught the best gift I recieved was a gift card to the teacher supply store. We bought everything for our classrooms so it really helped. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:12 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I probably will until they get more than 1 teacher :) IE: Math, English, Science etc. And I dont think Id do it to the extent you are, Ill prob just buy a cute #1 Teacher Trinket with some chocolate lol
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 1:12 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Nope. NO extra $ to do that. But its a sweet gesture.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:10 PM on May. 31, 2011

• We bought Xmas stuff. And I know I am expected to get them stuff..... but guess what? We're broke. Crazy broke. Daughter's b-day was yesterday, sons kindergarten graduation is tomorrow... and they "required" me to buy a $25 cap and gown. So no gifts. Last minute cards if we're running late and if there's some time, a hand written letter from my son. My Mom had suggested tossing his school photo into the letter/card but I did that for their xmas baskets
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:11 PM on May. 31, 2011

• No I don't buy my kids' teacher. LOL. I didn't think it was legal to buy and sell people?:-)
    But, no---we didn't buy gifts.
    We didn't do that when my kids were in school.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:12 PM on May. 31, 2011

• No like I answered in a previous question I give them gift cards through out the school year instead. Most teachers have to pay for supplies and they dont earn that much money. I send them $50 gift cards to staples or wally world (their choice) at every report card time (quarter). They do get a small gift at Christmas as well.

Answer by gemgem at 1:15 PM on May. 31, 2011