Have you ever cheated on your innocent (he had not cheated on you) mate?

Did the relationship end? Why did you cheat?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 1:19 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• I "cheated" on my ex husband. Of course, I told him before I did it that I was going to, so I'm not sure that counts? I think it still does, because we were married. We had an awful relationship and he was controlling and verbally abusive, I just didn't have enough money to leave - shortly after that he finally agree to marital counseling after me begging him to go for years. The counselor advised me to get out of the relationship. When we got our tax returns I took half, took the kids and got out.

Answer by missanc at 1:23 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I didn't, but he did. No, our relationship did not end. He cheated because he did not understand that relationships are not 100% passion all the time, particularly after being together for awhile. Not to make excuses for him but in his family, when things got rough, everyone ran away rather than stay and work it out. Rather than doing the right thing and talking to ME about what he felt was wrong in our relationship, he just assumed it was doomed and it was over so he decided to stray ... and then hoped that I would end things because he didn't have the nerve to do it. He went to counseling (I did not) and learned a lot. It was a real eye opener for him on what a mature relationship is really like. That was a long time ago; I look back and can't even believe that it was him because he is such a different, better person now.
    Anonymous

• the ex thinks I did but I didn't. But then these days he lives in a crack house neighborhood probably so he can get his fix faster.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:43 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Cheating IMHO is typically because you are not getting what you want/ need from your current relationship. Going outside the relationship to fulfill those needs is fairly common and sex may or may not be the real thing that is missing. A lack of emotional support, an abusive or dismissive partner are just a few of the issues that may be occuring in the relationship that plays a part in the decision making process to seek what you need elsewhere.
    805Therapy.com

Answer by 805Therapy.com at 4:13 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I have never cheated but I have been chested on
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 8:09 PM on May. 31, 2011