How bout that garden?

For those gardening, hows it going? Mine is coming along really well. I have a whole bunch of seedlings I need to put into the ground. The problem is these ones I forgot what I planted in them hahaha. I think it is eggplant and I guess I will find out.

So far we have cantaloupe, squash, eggplants, tomatoes, fenugreek, sunflowers, broccoli, cucumbers and I think thats it? Oh and I planted an apple tree two years ago and I have actual apples now. Its so excited and I know makes me a total goober for being excited.

Asked by gemgem at 1:35 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Our garden went in late this year, but we have a few things starting to come up (shallots, peas, kohlrabi, golden beets, radishes, dill, basil, parsley & sweet corn). We also have a few things that we put in as seedlings, but they haven't done much of anything yet (tomatoes, broccoli, cucumbers, spaghetti squash, watermelon, cantaloupe, jalapeno peppers, bulb onions & leeks). We also planted pumpkin, green beans and carrots, but they have yet to peek out of the ground.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:15 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Sounds like you have an awesome garden:)
    I only planted tomatoes and corn.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 1:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I want to plant a dwarf fig tree though.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 1:37 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Oh I am sooo jealous of you right now! Wyoming just has snow 2 days ago, so as for putting in a garden? Not yet. We are still using turning up the heat in the mornings. Tulips and daffodils are still blooming, still no lilacs as it is too cool. Bask in the wonderful weather for me!
    Wyomingmama

Answer by Wyomingmama at 1:38 PM on May. 31, 2011

• With all this rain that we've been having here..we are so behind this year on planting! We do have seedlings as well...hoping to get them in the ground today, actually.
    This year were keeping it small and simple, a few different kinds of tomatoes, peppers,cucumber,and green onions...oh ..almost forgot..strawberries too! LOL..we were at petities and our 2 year old daughter found little strawberry plants with itty bitty strawberries beginning to grow..she said "awwww...baby berry" and she would not put that thing down for anything,it was so cute and funny. ANd her being daddys girl..of course he bought her two strawberry plants. Hoping they'll do good for her, last year I didnt get squat out of the ones I planted.
    We have a small apple orchard and some pear trees..nothing yet.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:42 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I kill seedlings, so we plant everything directly in the garden. I don't remember what all we have this year, but coming up already I have potatoes, peas, green beans, onions, corn...among other things we have yellow squash, eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes (just bought yesterday, haven't put in the ground yet), basil, parsley...rhubarb...I can't think of what else right now.
    Anonymous

• I'm in NC and so far we have 4 ears of corn. The blueberries aren't ripe yet but there's LOTS. No maters or onions yet. The zuchinnis are huge and the rosemary cilantro and thyme look like bushes. we've had a lot of rain here too and I'm thrilled and can't wait to see those babies start growing! I failed last year on strawberries and just learned to put marigolds around them yesterday. Cute story. Gotta love youth and their love for life. Happy gardening.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 2:27 PM on May. 31, 2011

• We live in a townhouse so we are sharing a garden with dhs parents. We planted corn, tomatoes, peas, carrots, and peppers. They also have raspberry bushes which I don't care for but my kids love.
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 2:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Sore subject. We had some havy hail here last week. My garden suffered.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I wish I had a garden, we live in an apt
    eustacejessica

Answer by eustacejessica at 3:11 PM on May. 31, 2011