What way(s) do you prepare corn on the cob?

I'd always just boiled in a pot of salted water with a pinch of sugar but I've been seeing so much hype about grilling it in foil w/ butter & parm ?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:39 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Soak the corn with the husk still on it sugar water for atleast 30min, the gril with the husks on. YUM
    Codragonfly

Answer by Codragonfly at 3:49 PM on May. 31, 2011

• boil
    grill
    butter
    eat
    LOL

I've seen a recipe like that too..butter, parm,garlic,salt wrapped in foil and grilled.
    You know, I have tried it another way, come to think of it. When camping. Pull down the husks, but not completely off(pull off the stringy junk) rub with butter and whatever else you want, pull the husks back up, wrap in foil and cook right over an open fire, turning every so often.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:45 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Grilling is our fav! GRILLING is a sure-fire way to get my kiddos to eat their veggies!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:55 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Grilled corn is really good. My favorite way is to use mayo and parmesan cheese after it's done instead of just butter.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:45 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I've done it on the grill in the husk. We put butter in a can and melt it over the grill and everyone just dunks their cobs in. I put paprika on mine. And I've also seen people put peanut butter on their corn.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:46 PM on May. 31, 2011

• ive never tried it off the grill, but i would! i think i'd eat an ear of corn just about any way its prepared!!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 1:51 PM on May. 31, 2011

• boil it then salt, butter sometimes garlic...yummie!!
    grilled is great too...takes longer but delicious when done...foil w/butter, salt, garlic, pepper
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 1:52 PM on May. 31, 2011

• OOOO best way ever is grilling it. Peel the corn down to one layer. Put it on the grill and then after spray butter on it and then put seasoning, spices, anything on it!! It's delicious!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 1:52 PM on May. 31, 2011

• ..mama?? soak your corn in the sink for 30 mins, then microwave it, in husk, for 4 mins. bona petit!
    eatapeach

Answer by eatapeach at 1:54 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Boil it, grill it w/out foil, bake it. Our neighbor deep fries it, which makes my arteries clog just hearing about it, but it's probably tasty. Sometimes we just pick it out of the garden and eat it raw and fresh. When we grill it I brush it with olive oil or melted butter and some minced garlic and parsley. It's also good with rosemary or thyme infulsed sea salt.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:07 PM on May. 31, 2011