Casey Anthony trial question?

This question could really apply to any trial / defendant.

I have been watching this morning and I know that per Cindy's testimony that Casey isn't a tall person (I think her mom said 5'1"). As I watch when the camera pans to the defense that she is sitting between her attorneys. Is she sitting lower to the ground or are her attorneys just big people (tall)? She seems like her shoulders are even a foot lower than the female attorney next to her. I am wondering if she is really that much smaller than them or if this is a defense trick to make her seem smaller and less menacing?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 1:50 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it is quite possible they are trying to make her appear small and vulnerable. They have hidden every trace of the "party girl" the evidence has proved her to be. I'll bet she hates the conservative clothes, hair and makeup she is having to wear.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:19 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Thats been a question alot of people have been asking even on TV. I think they have her in a smaller chair so she seems young and small and unable to harm people. That is my opinion anyway.

Answer by gemgem at 1:51 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Bet she wishes she could crawl under that table sometimes. Could be she is trying.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:39 PM on May. 31, 2011

• LOL Quinn! Probably!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:17 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Oh...okay. The chairs probably are adjustable. A very thin 5'1 is a pretty tiny person though and maybe she's slouching too?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:19 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I also read on one of the live chat trial sites that the defense has purposely tried making her look homely...so again, she looks like a completely different person, than what the GAZILLION party pics that the jurors have already seen! LOL

To me, that's a waste of time....while that may work on defendants of other heinous crimes, when the prosecution can parade by a slew of ex-boyfriends, when you have 6 felony counts on your record, when you have never-ending, well documented, lists of lies, and so many party girl pictures taken within the 31 day window when Caylee was "missing," I think the jurors will just shake their heads and laugh at the lame attempt!!

Baez is FAILING big time, and I loved it when Judge Perry "schooled" him on being prepared for court...BRILLIANCE!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:50 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I mean that I am wondering if they adjust Casey Anthony's chair lower to the ground than her attorneys to make her seem small and weak. I am sure the chairs are courtesy of the court house, but the height adjustment was my question. If it's purposeful or if she is that much smaller than her attorneys.

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 2:04 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I'll bet she hates the conservative clothes, hair and makeup she is having to wear. Answer by yourspecialkid

LOL, I bet she likes them better than the jumpsuit she has to wear back at her state provided residence. 

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 3:24 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I think today had the most damning testimony I have seen yet. It was her mother testifying and they also played the 911 tapes from the day she was arrested and then the phone call to her mother after she was taken to jail but after she had been interrogated for hours on end. Her attitude on the phone is almost chilling because it was all about her and nothing about her daughter until the person on the other end brought her up (her mom, brother and someone else).

I think if I were her attorney I would have tried to get her to go with a softer look.  Her hair is very Olive Oil from Popeye. 

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 8:59 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Is it standard practice for the defense to provide a chair? It seems like that would be covered by the courthouse.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:58 PM on May. 31, 2011