Ugh! and i cant return the shirt!

I bought my daughter a shirt that she had been asking for. I was a little nervous due to it being white. It had colorful writing on it and the inside of the kneck has an oranges strip. Well, she did really well while wearing it, didn't get it dirty or anything...I was so happy. Well, I washed it today and pulled it out of the washer and it is full of orange streaks!! The inside of the shirt where it is orange bled through!! I am so upset and I don't know what to do about it since I can no longer return it because she wore it. Anyone have this happen before? What did you do?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 2:01 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Shopping

• Did you follow the washing instructions? I'd return it. No receipt and being worn and washed...I'd still return it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:03 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Try washing it with one of those sheets that are suppose to draw the colors into it..... Not sure if it will work.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:04 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Do you have the reciept? I would go t the store you bought it from and ask them what you can do.You may be able to either exchange it there for a new one or you may be able to return it to the maker for another way or a refund of your money(as long as you followed the washing/drying instructions on the label.
    Hope this helps.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:05 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Where did u buy it from? If you followed the washing instructions and it still bled, I would return it. Some places have a Jo questions asked kind of policy.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 2:05 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yep, followed the washing intructions. Cold water, turn inside out, with like colors.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Kohl's will take anything back regardless of whether or not it's been worn. No matter the store, I'd at least attempt to take it back if you have the receipt to show that it's a new purchase.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:09 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I bought it from wal-mart. The brand is daskin. I will try and see what they say.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Daskin-danskin*
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 2:10 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I had this happen to me with an expensive Tommy Hilfiger golf shirt for my husband. The harder I tried to get out the stains, the worse it got. I tried beach, everything. Finally, I was SO mad, I brought it back to Lord & Taylor. I was steaming and ready to fight. They just very nicely gave me my money back!!!! The shirt I returned looked like it had been through a war. Try to return it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I'd contact the store either way and ask if anything can be done. The worst they can do is say no, and if they do, I'd contact the company and let them know what happened.
    You spent your money on their product, you have a right to let them know you are unhappy. My mom did this when a big mac and cheese company changed the cheese they used and my brother thought she was sneaking him the unbranded stuff. They sent her a bunch of coupons and vouchers to keep her business.

This happened when my sister had some colorful shorts, they were white with a green pattern. when my mom washed then for the first time the shorts came out pretty much green all over. She called the store to tell them about it, and they said they'd received about 30 calls about that happening.

I'm sorry the shirt got messed up, maybe you can tie die it or something? I'll bet kids will be asking where it came from so they can have one!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:06 PM on May. 31, 2011