What kind of chores do you give your kindergartener?

nepenthe429

Asked by nepenthe429 at 2:03 PM on May. 31, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• He picks up after himself and sorts his own laundry.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:05 PM on May. 31, 2011

• my 4yr old likes to help with anything. But the ones she does on her own are make bed...clean room...put clean clothes away...empty bathroom garbage cans....wipe down tables...wipe down bathroom counter....clean up toys...dust....feed dog and give dog water.
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 2:06 PM on May. 31, 2011

• He makes his bed, cleans his room, picks up after himself, helps his older brother set and clear the table, empties the clean silverware from the dishwasher, and helps take the trash to the dumpster if it's not too heavy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:07 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Picks up his room, puts his dirty clothes in the laundry room, picks up shoes and puts them in the shoe closet. picks up his toy when he brings them downstairs
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 2:10 PM on May. 31, 2011

• He cleans up his toys, clears the table and sets it for dinner. He picks up his dirty laundry and puts away his shoes. Sometimes he wll help rinse the dishes.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 2:21 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My 5yo has the same chores as my older kids: keep her toys, books, clothes picked up in her room, keep her bedding on her bed (they don't have to make it), pick up any toys/clothes from any other room, dirty dishes in the sink, fold and put away their clean clothes, clean up any mess they make while making/eating a meal including sweeping the floor and wiping down the counter, unload the dishwasher if asked, take out the recycling when asked (she can't usually lift the garbage), help in the yard, carry in groceries, help with her baby brother, helps keep the kids' bathroom clean (they use baby wipes to wipe down the sink and toilet... I don't clean it, the 4 of them do). She also like to dust and sweet (although she's not very good at sweeping).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:52 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My 5yo makes up her bed and keeps her room and playroom clean. She puts away her clean clothes and helps me with basic yard work.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:38 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My son picks up after himself, helps with laundry, feeds and waters the cat(he loves this one), helps vacuum, and he loves to dust(thank goodness for that one)
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 4:17 PM on May. 31, 2011

• cleaning up her toys
    critter_boo

Answer by critter_boo at 4:24 PM on May. 31, 2011

• clears tanle after meals
    critter_boo