• In the Spotlight:

Do u leave n chatanooga tenn?

i am planning on moving there...the state i currently live n is 3rd n mortgage fraud, 4th n teenage dropouts, 5th n teenage driving fatalities...ect ect. my kids school now is a failing school, and the town is overpriced and overpopulated!
i have a friend n chattanooga and it looks lovely!
how r the school systems?
the cost of living?(i heard electrical costs r 70 percent lower than the nation there!)
wha about the job market?
the community?
the houses look beautiful and well priced..how's the property tax and ins?
ne thing else u can tell me bad or good! thanx :)

yomamaporter

Asked by yomamaporter at 12:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Home & Garden

• live. not leave. live.
    Anonymous

• How about asking your friend that lives there? Wouldn't they be a good resource?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• of course i asked :) just looking for other opinions
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 9:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I live about 30 minutes south of Chattanooga. The job market is doing better than most. You can go to www.chattanoogahasjobs.com and find several places that are hiring. Also, they are currently building a VW plant in Chattanooga which will open up 2000+ jobs. I am not sure about this you may want to check with your friend but the property taxes and insurance are next to nothing I believe. Again, check with your friend about that. Sales tax , however, is nearly 10%. Of course with any community you are going to have some areas in the city that are better than others so I would do some research online to see what you like best. I have heard some great things about the schools. As far as entertainment, there is plenty. Chattanooga has A LOT to offer. That's about all I can think of for now. If you have anymore questions just send me a message and I will answer them as best as I can.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2008