Urine Test at doctor negative.

I was suppose to start my period on the 25th and I missed it! I went to the doctor today and took a urine test and it was negative. they gave me a blood test and i have to call back tommorrow for results. Being it has only been 7 days could the blood test show up negative cause it is early?

USMCWife266

Asked by USMCWife266 at 2:05 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• a blood test should show up positive especially if you have already missed your period
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 2:07 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I am only 7 days late though and urine tests are coming back negative
    USMCWife266

Comment by USMCWife266 (original poster) at 2:19 PM on May. 31, 2011

• a week late isn't early by pregnancy tests standards. Blood test are more accurate though.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:27 PM on May. 31, 2011

• A few doctors told me that a blood test would tell you the same thing a urine test, but it could have been that they just didn't want to do the blood test on me. I really think it depends on the hormone level, but there are more false- negative urine test then there are false- positives. I would say call them and see what they say and if it comes back negative wait a little longer and test again.
    christinagray

Answer by christinagray at 2:30 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I found this link for you. I think it's really helpful. I hope you get your BFP really soon!

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/bloodtestwrong.html
    praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 3:05 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My doctor told me his urine tests are much more sensitive than hpt's and can detect pregnancy almost immediately.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 6:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2011