Have you ever banned someone from your home?

I banned my SO's brother. I know it's extreme
BUt he came here being disrespectful, being dirty, lazy, talking crap about gays. Yeah he got the boot and will never be allowed back in unless some great change happens.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 2:11 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• I have banned a couple of people from my life. Obviously they are not welcome in my home.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:13 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My FIL but only when he is drinking. Every time he comes to visit, he'll bring beer or convince SO to buy beer and something bad always happens. The last straw was when he passed out in my mom's yard which I thought was so disrespectful.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 2:13 PM on May. 31, 2011

• A guy dh thought was a friend. He came over for a cookout and started spewing hate. He went into a tirade and we learned his obsession with the KKK. I told him I had the coolest thing ever to show him. I took him to his truck. Turned him aound and showed him my home. I told him to climb in that truck and forget what our home looks like, or where it is located. Have not heard from him since.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:25 PM on May. 31, 2011

• my mother in law, actually. we see her sometimes at her home (rarely, though!) and restaurants but I refuse to let her in my home. She has soo much negative comments to spew out it makes me physically ill. Last time she was actually in my home my son was in a highchair. He's now 6 1/2 so you get the idea of how long, lol. reason: he just ate some stuff on his highchair, I don't recall what but it was mildly sticky but not filthy gross (maybe a banana) and I used diaper wipes on his hands, neck, and face. She started *FREAKING OUT* at me so hysterical that my son was shaking. She said that diaper wipes contain "poison" and I was rubbing it into his eyes. It's for urine and feces so it contains a mild cleaning chemical. She was irrational, refused to read the container, call pampers (the brand of wipes we used) or anything like that. it was the last straw.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:26 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yes, my daughter's ex boyfriend. He was so disrespectful of her. She started bingeing and purging, crying all of the time and felt like she was worthless. We finally had to get a restraining order. It was a mess and he was a jerk!
    Wyomingmama

Answer by Wyomingmama at 2:27 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My SO's cousin. His mother (SO's aunt) is our neighbor and one night we were sitting in our living room, it was around 10:30pm. I was finishing up some school work when I thought I heard a noise on the deck. I grabbed my SO's knee and stared at the sliding glass door. Sure enough, here comes knocking on the door, scared the daylights out of me. It was his cousin, breathing heavily. He's known for getting himself into trouble because he's just plain arrogant. So I locked the door behind him and closed the curtains. He said the cops are outside and looking for him. I looked at my SO and rolled my eyes. I locked the front door, came back in and told him to sit down and shut the fuck up until I tell him otherwise. I thought about telling him to leave but I was afraid the cops would see him and i'd get in trouble too and any future instances they would come to my house looking for him. No thank you. He is not welcome back since.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 3:00 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I banned a girl because of the way she treated my kids.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 3:17 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I banned a mean neighbor. Thankfully, she has moved away.
    dlee620

Answer by dlee620 at 6:05 PM on May. 31, 2011

• i sure have! and if they come in here it's goin to be trouble, not just for them but also for whoever told them that it was ok
    brookemhowell

Answer by brookemhowell at 8:21 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My sister! I cannot take all the negative energy, she is hateful to my mom and my other sister. It's sad but much happier now.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2011