do u live n chatanooga, tenn?

i am planning on moving there...the state i currently live n is 3rd n mortgage fraud, 4th n teenage dropouts, 5th n teenage driving fatalities...ect ect. my kids school now is a failing school, and the town is overpriced and overpopulated!
i have a friend n chattanooga and it looks lovely!
how r the school systems?
the cost of living?(i heard electrical costs r 70 percent lower than the nation there!)
wha about the job market?
the community?
the houses look beautiful and well priced..how's the property tax and ins?
ne thing else u can tell me bad or good! thanx :)

yomamaporter

Asked by yomamaporter at 12:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Travel

• I live in Alabama and work in Chattanooga, It really is a beautiful place. The only thing I don't like is the crime rate. and some of the homes are pretty expensive. I'm not sure where you live but, It my be a step up.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It really depends on what part of the city you decide to live in that will determine if you get away from what you don't like or if you wind up moving right back into it. The county schools as a whole are below average and some are also failing, others are exceptional but are magnet schools. Houses vary depending on area, while the Mountains expensive, Other areas are more reasonable. Property taxes are fair. What you will enjoy is no inclome tax, $25 car registration, plenty of shopping, recreation, nature, parks and views. What you will not enjoy is the rising unemployment, crime and the sales tax over 9%.
    I personally think you are wise to move to this area. Chattanooga and Hamilton County offer many things and make living here a great place to raise a family and have a home. Just make sure you investigate before you buy so you know that you'll be happy with the area.
    haston

Answer by haston at 5:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2008