How long did it take for your pets to adjust to your newborn?

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 2:26 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Pets

• They were used to her the first day. Our female cat turned into a little mommy and would run from her bassinet to us and back anytime the baby cried.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 2:39 PM on May. 31, 2011

• No problems our cat would get into the baby stuff ( bassinet car seat stroller) untill we bought the baby home then once the babys scent was on these items she left them alone. My cat whom at that point i had for five years would never get in my lap when i held the baby either. I never had any milk issues that are rummored with cats either.
    Codragonfly

Answer by Codragonfly at 3:57 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My dog immediately felt the need to protect my seocnd son. She would lay by his bassinet, sit by me whenever I nursed. It was the cutest thing. When he starting playing in his gym she would lay by him and bark at my 2 year old if he came near the baby. We joke that it's not really my baby, it's really Emily's(the dog) baby and I was just a surrogate.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:17 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I have 3 cats and 2 dogs. In the beginning they were ok, adjusted well with the crying and being up all hours of the night. Now that she is 7 months old and is grabbing everything, one dog and two cats learn to keep their distance! lol The other dog and cat are great and tolerate much from her. So far all five have adjusted well in their own ways!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 4:32 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My cat ajusted really well really quick.Right off the bat she knows to be gentle and is my son who is special needs' best friend, follows him everywhere like a dog.Its really sweet
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 6:52 PM on May. 31, 2011