WHEN SHOULD I CALL THE DR BACK? ITS BEEN A HALF HOUR ALREADY

Dr put me on BP meds last week well it made my BP go up and I feel like I'm having a heart attack but I'm not. Well the receptionist said she would talk to the dr see what he wants to do then call me back. That was over a half hour ago.

When should I just call them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Health

• Ok, call them back, right now. Sometimes you have to get bossy with the nurses.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:33 PM on May. 31, 2011

• It's the day after a LONG weekend, meaning he's got 20 million things to get caught up on PLUS see patients. Doctors only take phone calls while they are with another patient IF it's an emergency or it's another doctor calling them, again usually an emergency. Half hour isn't long. Stressing out about it is just going to make your BP go up and you will end up in a panic attack
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• If a doc is with a patient, they can't always be reached immediately. It takes time. Just chill. If you think it's really serious, then head to the ER.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:30 PM on May. 31, 2011

• CAll again and again. This is not something to mess around with.....
    Wyomingmama

Answer by Wyomingmama at 2:30 PM on May. 31, 2011

• But the thing is he's been pulled out of the room when I visit him when someone is on the phone.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:31 PM on May. 31, 2011

• But a over a half hour really?! I waited all weekend and now I'm really impatient since the nurse told me not to take it because its making my BP skyrocket
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:32 PM on May. 31, 2011

• OMG they haven't even asked the dr yet! >:(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:35 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Maybe its just me but IMO I think a possible heart attack is more urgent than the sniffles or something similar
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:37 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Um your not having a heart attack. With high BP you are more likely to have a stroke, if you were at a stroke level of BP, you would know it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:38 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Damn she was just a bitch to me when she got back on the phone. She said he's been non stop since he got in this morning. Sorry if I'm freaked out and feel like I'm going to die. Damn. I thought waiting it out until tuesday would be better than the er but maybe I was wrong. I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest and my left arm is going to fall off :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:39 PM on May. 31, 2011