Does anyone have a rock tumbler?

My middle dd loves to collect rocks, so we are thinking of getting a rock tumbler for her. If you have one, how loud is it? Does it work well? We are looking at the one at the local craft store (Hobby Lobby), it comes with all the polishing sand and stuff and a bag of rocks.

RenaeMom3277

Asked by RenaeMom3277 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I sue to have one when I was younger. It is pretty loud not too obnoxious. It worked okay in smooting out the rocks but i'm not sure if they have more advanced one's now. I'm sure they do. It's been quite some time since I had one.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I had one when I was very young and I'm sure it wasn't the highest quality. I do remember it being really loud and having to run it for a long time, so we would put it in the garage or basement while it was doing its thing.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I agree with the first 2 posts and i loved mine, however it gets hard to find the refill stuff to make more rocks and its not always cheap. I used mine once with what it came with!.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2008