How would you feel if......(somewhat of a vent)

one of your friends only took a shower maybe twice a week, wore the same pants every day to the point they end up ripping at the seams, doesn't wash her makeup off, and how would you feel if that friend was pregnant and doing that? i mean i get she might be tired and not wanting to take a shower everyday or falls asleep before she has time to wash her makeup off but shes been like this since she was 15...its gross to me.she doesn't stink or anything like that though, but when i see her i cant help but think...when was the last time you took a shower?
just thinking about it grosses me out...but her excuse every single time is "i don't like washing my hair every day...you know my hair is frizzy when it gets wet and even if i put it up in a bun it still gets soaked and then i have to wash my hair just so it wont friz and then it'll start falling out like it did last year"

to me that excuse is bullshit and getting old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I would feel it's none of my business.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:01 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My mom does this,its nasty as hell!
    Is she depressed?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:03 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Leave her, its her choice, and it sounds like you have talked to her and her lifestyle doesn't seem to bother her. I had a friend the same way, but she kinda did stink. I just ignored it or at least tried. I am not the one sleeping with her at night. Can not keeping up with your hygiene harm the baby in any way? That's what is important.

styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 3:03 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I would feel a little gross around her.

You can always buy her some friz-ease and pamper- yourself face masks and washes for her birthday or whatever. Just make sure they're okay for pregnancy (no salacylic acid).
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 3:06 PM on May. 31, 2011

• at one point in my life, when i was in middle school which was 15+ years ago, i didnt know how to take proper care of myself like showering daily, keeping a clean self and so on. people started noticing and eventually was brought to my attention but by then i was a judged and eveyone thought i was a loser for being that way. Now your friend is an adult and i really think she should take better care of herself since she is one but since she has nobody to judge her, i bet thats why she doesnt care.

Right now i only wash my hair once a week or twice, depending on how my product i put into it but i still take baths/showers everyday.It shouldnt be because of her hair, it should be because she should take care of her body. Tell her if people knew this, how people would react. their reactions cant be good and plus if she's going to raise a child, at least teach proper body cleansing by doing so herself
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:07 PM on May. 31, 2011

• shes actually more healthy then i am....which i find very odd...shes never had an infection....anywhere...her baby is super healthy to from what they saw on the ultrasounds

and nope shes not depressed she just doesn't see a need to take a shower every single day i guess, she never looks dirty either her hair doesn't get greasy until 2 days after her shower....she does brush her teeth everyday which is a good thing

her boyfriend says shes just getting into "mommy mode" since she might not be able to take a shower every day when the baby gets here i guess..i don't believe that since i took one everyday after my DD got here
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:10 PM on May. 31, 2011

• americansugar80-no one really cares because she never smells or anything her hair never looks dirty never has dirt on her face or anywhere else for that matter,the only place you can tell she doesn't wash is her eyes she never takes her eyeliner or mascara off unless she takes a shower
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:13 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I guess if I didn't smell her, I wouldn't worry about it. I can't guarantee that I take a shower everyday. I work at home and if I don't work out, and didn't do much they day before, I might not take a shower. It just depends on how my day goes.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:42 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Maybe you can subtle mention it to her if you have that kind of relationship where you can say something....please don't laugh but I would by her some bubble bath she might be depressed and that way she can bathe and maybe it will get her over the hump that she is experiencing and it wouldn't seem mean ya know. I bought you some bubble bath thought maybe you would enjoy it and make ya feel good something like that thinking of you gift :)
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 11:23 AM on Jun. 9, 2011