Does your SO help with housework?

What sort of things does he do around the house on a regular basis?

nepenthe429

Asked by nepenthe429 at 3:05 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We run a business together. I'm in the office all day, he's in the truck, by day's end we're both anxious to get home. The kids have their daily chores so there are just the laundry and dishes basics to take care of for the most part. He is right beside me folding, and stacking dishes. We are definately equals, however, he does the pool and yard work and I cook. Though we help each other out with that too. Often times neighbors see us both out pulling weeds. He's my best friend so it works well.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 3:23 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yes
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:06 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Mine is doing the dishes right now!

He would help around the house if I nagged him too, but since he lost his job he is doing much more. Woot Woot!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:06 PM on May. 31, 2011

• On a regular basis? Nothing.

If I ask him to do something, he'll usually accommodate but he'd never take it upon himself to do it on his own.
    Anonymous

• Yes, my Husband helps with some things. It's more than He should (and despite my objections), as He works and I'm a SAHM, but He does it because He wants to - and for that, I am grateful.
    .MommieAJ.

Answer by .MommieAJ. at 3:15 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Only on his days off or when I yell at him enough to help around the house. When he does help, it is mostly kitchen stuff. He will do laundry if he needs something and I won't do it for him. The only he thing he does regularly is take out the trash.
    Ms.Maricel

Answer by Ms.Maricel at 3:09 PM on May. 31, 2011

• he does trash, cat box, recycling. he also does kids nails since that grosses me out, I am afraid of hurting them. I do 99% of the kids cooking but he does 99% of OUR cooking ... he'll help with laundry but it takes a lot of begging
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:10 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I try to do all I can so he doesn't have to help, but then I feel guilty because he feels helpless, so I let him do the laundry and let me tell you, he is AMAZING! He can get just about any stain out.

He also tries to mow but he isn't able to do everything he used to.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:10 PM on May. 31, 2011

• aprondoing laundrysweepingwashing dishesgardeningmowing the lawnbriefcase

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:10 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Mine does nothing around the house but cook. Out side he does yard work.

Answer by louise2 at 3:11 PM on May. 31, 2011