Have you ever had the feeling that the universe was trying to tell you something?

My answer to another question made think wonder ... have you ever tried to do something but roadblocks kept getting in the way? Like the universe/karma/whatever is trying to tell you something? 

I have been trying to go check out the local UU church since about mid-April. Something has comeup every single Sunday and I have not been able to make it. 

So, what about you? 

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 3:07 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes... all the time. But I don't let it keep me from doing it. I charge ahead. If I wasn't suppose to do it, I say "well damn... I should have listened to the universe.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:09 PM on May. 31, 2011

• All the time. And it's so frustrating to me that I've even stopped in my tracks to shout at nothing, "Am I supposed to be seeing something here!? A little help, please." LOL Mine mostly has to do with numbers. I've been seeing the same ones since last year all the time. And not in small amounts that can be chalked up to coincidence and being aware or looking for specific numbers. This is all the time, everywhere, can't get away from it.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 3:12 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I am feeling like that right now... Its very frustrating.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:13 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yes, I can think of one example from my past where there were there someone trying to tell me something.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:13 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yes..right now its telling me it doesnt want my garden planted.First it rains like crazy for 2 months then it skips over nice weather and goes straight for meltdown HOT! LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:15 PM on May. 31, 2011

• As a Christian, I believe that God created the universe...so I definitely believe that He may be trying to tell you something! Throughout my life, God has directed my path and every time I obey/follow, I am blessed! I have always trusted that if there are obstacles in a path that you would try to pursue, accept that it is being blocked for a purpose. Have you ever tried a Christian Church? Either way, I applaud you for trying to find a congregation of people to worship with and grow with. I hope you find the home that your heart seeks!
    praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 3:18 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I have those moments, yes. But doing something about it isn't always the easiest thing.
    .MommieAJ.

Answer by .MommieAJ. at 3:20 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Gee, um, my whole relationship with my SO has been one obstacle to overcome after another. But we have overcome them all. I guess we're just stubborn like that, and we keep pushing for happily ever after. Or our life is meant to be a trgedy.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:26 PM on May. 31, 2011

• There have been times when I have stopped myself and asked, maybe this wasn't meant to be? I can relate to that feeling. And I have regretted not listening to it!!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 3:28 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Normally, I don't give up but this has just been SO very frustrating.
    SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 3:30 PM on May. 31, 2011