So, what should I make?

I make dresses for 18 inch dolls, but can't decide what outfit to make- something like bib overalls or a princess dress kind of thing?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 3:09 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Maybe an answerable question>?
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:10 PM on May. 31, 2011

• OH GOD. my screen didn't have your whole question up I AM SO SORRY
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:11 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Princess dress... Most little girls will want their dolls to be princesses.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:11 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I was just kidding around, I only saw "So, what should I make?"
    I get the dummy award today!! LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:12 PM on May. 31, 2011

• What about a cute ballerina outfit?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:12 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Patriotic Princess - ride the Memorial Day weekend wave and do up a white dress with ruffles trimmed in red and blue and gold flecks :-)
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 3:16 PM on May. 31, 2011

• You should do different types. I would so sports outfits like cheer, softball, maybe patriotic with 4th of July coming up, princess, ballerina, and stuff like that.

Answer by gemgem at 3:18 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Princess! Maybe model it after one of the Disney princesses- you could make a series!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:18 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Princesses are popular- you can do fairy, disney look-alike, medieval/renaissance princess (like, more authentic), crazy pink (ugh), but some parents will like the sports also.

Maybe go on ebay and do a search for american girl outfit or american girl dress or american girl princess. Then on the left of the page, select "show closed or ended auctions" (I can't remember the wording). It will show which outfits sold at which prices. Then you can see what is selling best right now, and you can get ideas, like how to photograph them, which colors are hot, how to advertise, which words to use, etc.

I used to hang out on doll collector boards, and sometimes people would point out exceptional doll outfits and it was the whole package- pictures, layout, details on outfit...

Good luck!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 3:41 PM on May. 31, 2011

• to Dahis: that was actually my fault, I entered the title for the question, then I accidentally hit enter and it posted just the title.

So I quickly edited the question to finish it. I had a feeling someone would see it before I got a chance to fix it!
    no worries.
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on May. 31, 2011