Siamese Cat Quirks...

This is the first time I've owned a Siamese.
He is a year old. He has funny quirks.

He goes to the door when someone knocks.
He fetches and brings it back to you.
When I head to the bathroom, he runs in there and sits and watches me. No matter where he is in the house.
He knows my routine. In the mornings he runs to the bathroom before me and waits.
He sleeps on his back and loves to have his belly rubbed.
He pants like a dog after he plays with a laser light.
He knows his name and comes when called.
He has a side of the bed and if your on it, he sits there and meows until you move over. Then he lays down and goes to sleep.

I wonder if these are quirks to the Siamese cat or if mine is just really weird...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Pets

• :0) Siamese kitties are wonderful and very smart. Their known for being loud and constantly "talking", but mine if very quiet. He likes to put pipe cleaners in his water bowl, he gently taps them and watches them rock back and forth in the water. He also plays fetch and comes when we call.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:31 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Some of them are just cat quirks, especially the bathroom thing! LOL Enjoy him, he sounds like a blast!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:46 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I have a simese and he is just like this and more. i love my simese..he sleeps in between my legs everynight (i fall asleep on my tummy) so until i bow my legs apart he will sit there and meow!!! he opens doors by himself sleeps in a u shape on his back. everytime someone walks passed him on the kitchen counter he will bat at you with his paw and continue until you pet him!!
    I love my kitty
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 3:47 PM on May. 31, 2011

• well all of these sound like cat quirks to me... i had a cat who did all of the above except pant like a dog.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:09 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Siamise are awesome. I love how they fetch and how smart they are! They are normally noisy talkers and will definaetly have an attitude if they don't get there way!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 4:23 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I have a cat living with me right now that does almost the exact same kind of things, but he's a mutt cat. I know he has Russain Blue in him, and by his meow he also has siamese. Mine also will walk on his hind legs if you have a treat for him...
    my other cat (maine coon) pants after playing excessively, and the vet said that besides being borderline obese.. LOL he also could possibly have athesma (sp?) but the maine coon is the fetcher.
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 5:09 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I've had cats before, but they never came to their name. So I was thinking maybe it was a Siamese thing. Everyone wants him, he is really cool... But he is part of our family and isn't going anywhere. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:33 PM on May. 31, 2011