i wake up every morning with a new bite ot two, but my husband isnt! i checked for bed bugs, but i didnt see anything nor do the bites group like bed bugs bites! is it fleas thats bitting me?

christyford

Asked by christyford at 3:32 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Health

• Fleas do bite. I stayed with a friend of mine and got bitten as a kid. Nasty little things.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:38 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I am having the same thing happening to me!!! it is so annoying and they are only biting me!!!
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 3:39 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Fleas and mosquitoes like me, and their bites are about the same in appearance, and they show up a couple days after I am bitten.

Answer by Bmat at 3:49 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Mosquitoes are attracted to my hubby more than I. Are you putting on a certain deoderant, perfume, soap, or lotion than him before bed?
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 3:53 PM on May. 31, 2011

• IF you do have fleas here's the best way to get rid of them:
    1) go to Walmart or somewhere and get at least 1 box of borax (I needed 2 for my 1100 sq ft apt) and liberally sprinkle it on your carpet. Then use a broom to work the little piles in.
    2) get a spray of some kind (NOT a bomb) and spray it under chairs, couches, beds, any "shadow" place that the borax didn't cover. We did that when our stray cat we adopted brought his own little infestation. That was in Feb/March. I have not seen another flea since then.

I even went to a local pet store looking for the most effective, cost effective, way to get rid if the things. SHE, very quietly, recommended we do the borax thing even though she was supposed to push the store's version that's 3X as much money.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:02 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I have never heard of using borox in the carpet for fleas... interesting....
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 4:16 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Fleas will bite me and my oldest ds, but not my dh and my youngest ds lol. I have stayed somewhere that had bed bugs before and everyone there was covered head to toe in bites. So it's likely not bed bugs. They would eat you alive. I have gotten fleas a couple times from my animals. I just always vacuumed like 3 times a day everyday for a week. That worked for me and i didn't have to use any chemicals. Just make sure to empty the vaccume every time.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 6:04 PM on May. 31, 2011