Has anyone ever gone through post abortion trauma

if so id love to hear your story i have been a victom of this and too along time to forgive myself and move past it i am now 20 weeks pregant with bby number 2 and i would never do that to my own flesh and blood ever ever ever ever again ! i just hope my first angel is safe in gods hands now

Jesscuh87

Asked by Jesscuh87 at 3:33 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had it bad and i am with you i will never do it again. i have a 2yr old. my firsts would of been twins. that is something really hard to get past. but life goes on. i do think about those babies evry single day of my life and i will every single day of my life but i have figure out i would never had my life it would be completely different and they would of been close to 11 yrs old now. i found some support online and went through something like a 12 step for abortion trauma. it really helped. its hard and you ar right you can not change the past but you are very strong and we are not alone.
    Anonymous

• I had an abortion years ago; I never went through any post abortion trauma.
    Anonymous

• lucky you ...
    Jesscuh87

Comment by Jesscuh87 (original poster) at 3:38 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I never went through any trauma but I know many do. I'm glad you are moving on. There are a few abortion support groups here on CM you can search for, to share your story.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:39 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I went through it some but in my heart I knew it was the best thing at that time in my life.I went on to have other children but I will never ever forget that one.Its been 7 years now.Would have been 6 this coming July.I think its something that you end up pushing in the back of your mind and find solace in yourself.I never talk about it with anyone. Once in awhile I make a comment on here when someone asks a question like yours. But thats it.Forgive yourself and move on with your life. You can't change the past.
    Anonymous

• thsnk u i know i ound them im waiting for them to add me since the 2 i wanted to join have applications in order to join
    Jesscuh87

Comment by Jesscuh87 (original poster) at 3:40 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I'm so sorry that you are hurting.

Maybe this website will help?

Hope you find some comfort, congratulations on baby #2!

http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/

tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 3:41 PM on May. 31, 2011

• thnk you very much ladies.i have expeted it as well i am not hurting anymore. i just wondered about others like me.id love o help others and shae my story i am just waiting on the groups to accept my application . i thinks it dumb they make u apply to some of these groups but oh well
    Jesscuh87

Comment by Jesscuh87 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I have never had an abortion but I have a friend who did right after High School. She had the post abortion trauma too. It was 22 years ago.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 3:49 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Well, they don't want anyone to be able to judge their members for their choices or harass them so they can't let just anyone in. Those groups are something like a safe haven.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:49 PM on May. 31, 2011