Bad blood

okay so i am going on a road trip this weekend with my best friend for her 25th birthday. she has invited all her friends which is fine but one of the women who is going doesn't really like me very much and it's obvious because she is very cold and kurt whenever i try to talk to her or include her in the conversation. we were friends at one point but something stupid happened on myspace. she took it the wrong way and deleted me as a friend from myspace and facebook. so i haven't seen her in a very long time and i just want this weekend to be fun and drama free for my friend's birthday and for me too. but we are going to be riding in the same car down there and staying the same hotel room(all of us together) so we are going to be in close quarters with eachother this saturday and sunday. i really won't be able to avoid her. i tried to send a facebook message and friend request to her on facebook to try to make ammends and all i said was hey i see you're going to skelly's 25th birthday and that's great! i'm excited to see ya(which i am because when we were friends, she was cool to hang out with) and then i continued and said so i just wanted to say hi and make ammends. i hope that you are loving married life and that everything going great for you. see you this weekend.
because honestly, i don't want to get in the car with her when they pick me up this weekend and have it be awkard because of the "bad blood" or whatever between us. so my question is, other than extending an opportunity to try and clear the air between us, what else can i do or how should i handle this weekend? especially if i feel like she's being rude towards me. do i just let it go for the sake of my best friend's birthday or what?
i really need your help on this. thanks ladies!

pmg1030

Asked by pmg1030 at 3:41 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• You have made the overture, so now the ball is in her court. I would be polite to her, but I would not try to be buddy-buddy. Treat her like you would somebody that you had just met and really didn't have a lot in common with. Don't let it ruin your week-end and don't let it ruin your friend's birthday. If she is snarky, she will be the one who looks bad, and not you. So have a great week-end!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:45 PM on May. 31, 2011

• If she is still this upset whatever happened was pretty big. If that really is the case, you might have to just be prepared to deal with the akwardness. Maybe not trying to drag her into conversations might help. She sounds like she is not interested in being your friend anymore and whether she is entitled to that or being difficult pretty much depends on what was done on myspace.
    Anonymous

• you already did what you could to make amends, its up to her now to see if she will drop the whole issue and stop holding a grudge. if she is that will be an interesting trip. but hopefully she is a mature woman and forgive and forget or whatever. let your friend know (the one that is having the trip for her birthday) that this is what you have done to make sure no one is uncomfortable and that you are leaving it in the other woman's hands on how she wants to handle it. that you are going as a friend to her and if the other woman doesn't want to stop the grudge then you dont know what to do. you should tell your friend to talk to the other woman too and let her know that this is suppose to be a fun time and that she can be mature about things since she invited you as well.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:55 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I'd just suck it up and try to make the weekend fun for your friend. It's amazing how many people have friendships break up over something as dumb as myspace or facebook.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:51 PM on May. 31, 2011

• yeah, i agree it's pretty ridiculous. we just had differing opinions over a bulletin she posted. can't even remember what now and since there is no inflection or tone of voice through myspace, she thought i was being snotty or whatever, which isn't how i intended it. anyway, so she deleted me. thanks for the help ladies. i'll do just what you suggested. i really like the one about treat her like she's a new person that i've just met that i don't have much in common with. sounds good! thanks again :)
    pmg1030

Comment by pmg1030 (original poster) at 5:00 PM on May. 31, 2011

• *UPDATE* she accepted my fb friend request. so hopefully that's a good sign and things are gonna be okay :)
    pmg1030

Comment by pmg1030 (original poster) at 7:20 PM on May. 31, 2011