For people with more than one child..

What made you decide on having more than one?

This is my first pregnancy and the round ligament pains are so bad its making my dreams of having 2 or 3 children seem impossible.

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 3:55 PM on May. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• You will completely forget about your pain once the baby comes.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:56 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Well, I loved being pregnant so I don't think I could help you. I always wanted a bunch of kids.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:56 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I loved being pregnant but i remember the pain in my legs from the sciatica or pain in my back but it is always worth it in the end!!!!
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 3:59 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I loved being pregnant and I wanted to have 4 kids. I am happy with the 3 God has blessed me with.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 4:00 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I had a constant backache due to a dislodged disc for the last 4 months of my first pregnancy. I was planning to have surgery to fix it after I gave birth, but it fixed itself about a week after he arrived. After having him, all the pain and discomfort was worth it and I wanted many more, even I had to go through the pain again. With my seocnd I had horrible RLS, but once again once he arrived it was all worth it.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:00 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Well, my first pregnancy was pretty rough. However, I just loved my son so much I wanted to have another. If it was just me, I probally would have waited longer between pregnancies. My husband was really pushing to have another baby right away. So, I have two boys, a little over 2 years apart. They are very close, best friends and it gets a bit crazy (I stay home with them). It is wonderful and I couldn't imagine my life or this world without them. Also, I think it is a good thing for a child to have at least one sibling to help teach sharing, patience, and fun
    Ladymaryland246

Answer by Ladymaryland246 at 4:01 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My mom is an only child and I've heard lots of stories about how she was lonely growing up. I didn't want my son to be like that. And I wanted a girl (I got one!). Child #3 was a total surprise (new marriage) but I'm so blessed to have all three.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 4:02 PM on May. 31, 2011

• The pain is forgettable once the baby is here and you see that beautiful face. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:02 PM on May. 31, 2011

• It is your first pregnancy, so your body is not used to it. There is a good chance that your subsequent pregnancies will be easier. I needed four extra pillows at night for my first and NO extra pillows for my fourth!

With my second pregnancy I had a lot of hip pain. I think every pregnancy is different.
    ablessedlife

Answer by ablessedlife at 4:04 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I wanted more than one. I hated pregnancy. I can live with 9 months of uncomfortable for a lifetime of joy.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:07 PM on May. 31, 2011