Pros/cons

What are the pros and cons of being a stepmom? My ss is 5 and I have been in his life since he was 11 months.

sunsetbeach81

Asked by sunsetbeach81 at 3:56 PM on May. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think thatthe pros would be that you can be a possitive adult figure in a child's life.

I think the cons would probably be that you can never be as important to the child as their real parent.

My aunt married her husband and he had a 6 year old son and the real mother was on drugs so she sort of took over as his mother and he never had that. He is 18 now and he just graduated and when he saw my aunt he hugged and kissed her saying he loved her. I think that being a step parent is a big responsibility and should not be taken lightly. He also calls her mom.
    Anonymous

• I'm guessing
    pro- a lot of times people outside watching can see a problem faster than someone caught up in it.
    con- it's a lot harder to address the problem.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 4:38 PM on May. 31, 2011