Does your family eat organic?

with all the GMO's in food and all the pesticides and chemicals we have decided to try and go as organic as we can but it is expensive and tough to get over the addictive tatse of the food. does your family eat organic food and if so/not why?

takes_a_village

Asked by takes_a_village at 4:10 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Health

• We try to eat the best we can.
    We live down the block from the farmers market and do most of our shopping there. It makes is cheaper than the organic grocery store. In the winter it's harder because there isn't as much local produce. We are also looking into participating in a program called Organic Box. They collect a box of local produce and deliver it to your door every week...for $35-50 for a family of 4! You should google and see if there is something similar in your community.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 4:16 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yes. Since our son started solids we have been trying too, now that he has food reactions to HFCS and Dyes and Additives and you name it, we are taking it ALL out cold turkey as of 2 weeks ago so, if anyone eats organic, its Max first, then us - its not always affordable for all of us sadly - I apparently will have to learn to cook from scratch which is fine, its just another thing that isn't natural and will take its time
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:12 PM on May. 31, 2011

• We try... I have a club membership at the local health food store, but it is expensive. So I don't as often I as I would like!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 4:12 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Sometimes I try but it's not something I am as devoted to as I probably should be.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:16 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Not as much as I'd like to. The price is so much more, and I guess the stores around here don't go through it very quickly because often it looks really old.

Answer by Bmat at 4:19 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Sometimes....you gotta have money for that and i am on a budget lol
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 4:51 PM on May. 31, 2011

• i was looking at the costs and i do think we would have to reduce our portions but i think we might be able to handle it if we are carfull and not everything is gonna be able to be organic anyway
    takes_a_village

Comment by takes_a_village (original poster) at 4:54 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yes, we eat organic...almost always. Here is why (it's a full movie, so it will take about 1 1/2 hr to view, but is well worth it):

http://youtu.be/wvzDHGLEUyw

(there is a short ad in front...sorry)

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:55 PM on May. 31, 2011

• hat movie is it? have you seen food inc? it scared me bad!
    takes_a_village

Comment by takes_a_village (original poster) at 4:57 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Some. We grow a huge garden every year and do so organically, I also shop a local organic farmers market in the summer - from all that I freeze/can as much as I can. Meat we buy from local farmers, so we know it's either organic or dang close. Anything else, nope, the organic hype hasn't taken over here so I don't have much available.
    Anonymous