How to deal with this jealousy...

I recently found out I was pregnant. And I've been feeling awfully insecure and sad about my husband.. He's really excited about the baby and all. But I'm just a nutcase.. If he doesn't answer his phone I freak out.. I secretly check his email and Facebook.. And even when I' have asked him to cancel it, he keeps "forgetting" about it.. I know it's wrong for me to "sort of spy" on him. But years ago that's how I found out he was seeing someone else, before we got married.. .... I feel like crying all the time.. And even when he is so happy when we are together and treats me sweetly, I can't help feeling this in my chest all the time.. 

Vian.aram

Asked by Vian.aram at 4:11 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Its the hormones, they do that to you
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 5:29 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Sounds to me like you need to get some counseling or outside help to get over your insecurities
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 4:15 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Try to occupy your time constructively. Find a hobby, walk or do yoga. If he is treating you well then you have no problems. Don't make a problem where there isn't one. Plan your baby nursery, do a baby registry, read parenting books. Take your mind off of negative thoughts & enjoy your pregnancy. Now life is no longer about "you", it's all about the new baby. GL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:18 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Don't feel bad.. being pregnant has made me quite the nut case too! I do the same exact thing. Last year around this time I had read some text messages between him and another girl that just broke my heart. We have since moved on from all that but I too just "spy" and get frantic when he doesn't answer. - The only advice I have for you is try and tell him your insecurities and have a convo about it. But after the conversation try your hardest to completely move forward! That is what I'm working on right now,and honestly wants you move on you will feel so much more happier and be able to enjoy this baby and feel more secure about your relationship with him!!
    oliviahw

Answer by oliviahw at 9:30 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Dont feel bad. I am 36 weeks and a I am okay with everything now, but before when my body started changing with my pregnancy I was very insecure. My Fiance is absolutely amazing and treats me like absolute gold. I trust him with everything, and he is so happy about our son being on the way and he always makes me feel so loved. However, I do the whole "facebook check" thing as well, and I went through a period where I was so paranoid that every time he was at work, there was something going on. I felt like a crazy jealous physco, but its just the hormones. Im over it now, granted I still get a little worried, but that has nothing to do with him, its just because of how badly I was treated in my other relationships before. I know it was just the hormones and pregnancy with me, so dont worry momma, it'll pass Im sure. Dont be upset that your jealous, its normal.
    And GoodLuck!
    lizjones

Answer by lizjones at 11:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2011