Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can you stop the drama? adult content

I dont know what it is about me, but im discovering about myself that im one of those people that feeds off drama. My dhs ex wife is the main issue right now because she has done EVERYTHING to try to split us up. She turned his kids (NOT hers...his) against us, threatened our wedding, has called the cops, false reports to dhs, even made fake calls and email accounts to convince him im doing shady things. And says things to me and everyone else about me n my kids that are well past unacceptable. Well, for the most part, he sees the bs and tries to keep it away. But his way of handling it is not doing or saying anything to her. That pisses me off even more when he wont defend me or our kids. So i obcess with checking her shit online, and his phone, and i HAVE to know every call or text and whats been said. It causes so many problems with me n dh, but i cant stop no matter how hard i try. How can i retrain myself to stop obcessing over her bs and just trust my dh to defend me? Even when i know he wont.


Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • You need to get counseling. It isn't healthy to behave this way. You are a grown up and while you can't control what other people do or say (ex wife) you can take the high road and try not to feed into the drama. If this type of thing is going on I would say to just get away from it. Take out a restraining order on the woman to refrain her from making threatening phone calls or any kind of contact. That's all you can really do. This sounds lilke high school crap. It's really sad because the children are stuck in the middle. You are better that this. File that restraining order and let the drama go. Good Luck.

    Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:21 PM on May. 31, 2011

  • Maybe talk with your dh and ask him how HE ignores it.Maybe his advice can help you. And you know..really...ignoring someones bull crap like that really does pay off in the long run. Eventually they get bored of thier antics not working and they stop...and they are the ones left looking like the biggest ass. Just try to focus your energy on other things.

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:22 PM on May. 31, 2011

  • Just ignore it, hun. Don't even engage in it. Let him deal with it. If you don't have trust, you don't have a relationship. You have to trust that he will handle it the proper way.

    Answer by loudnproud87 at 4:22 PM on May. 31, 2011

  • tell him how it mkes you feel see what he could do to make you feel more at ease. why if she has no children with him is she still in your lives? just get a restraining order!

    Answer by takes_a_village at 4:28 PM on May. 31, 2011

  • Do you think getting more involved in the drama she is creating will make the situation better?

    Answer by meooma at 7:20 PM on May. 31, 2011

  • im in a similar situation and ignoring her really doesnt do anything but make you wonder what she is doing.

    Answer by brookemhowell at 8:10 PM on May. 31, 2011