help bad hair coloring

So I chopped my hair off it was long and pretty and I chopped it off (sad)! I've been dying it casue i'm unhappy with the whole chopping it off thing. I'm a blonde normally now its a horable brown orangie color they say wait 3 months before coloring i've done like 2 in a month sometimes I want my color back so bad my hair is fried now
Has anyone stripped the color from there hair at the salon???

If so would you recommend it??

MonicaGreer21

Asked by MonicaGreer21 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I have never had mine stripped but want to try it. I cannot do it right now since I am pregnant but I have natuarally blonde hair and dyed it black and it faded to brown so now I have brown hair with blond roots. Look at pics on my page to make you feel better lol. I miss my hair too:(
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 12:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Don't strip it. It's far worse than dying it. When I wanted my hair back to blonde I just used the frost and glow kits from Wal-Mart. Or go to the Salon and ask them to dye it back.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i'm going to the salon if i do anything to it, to many at home dyes gone wrong
    MonicaGreer21

Answer by MonicaGreer21 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I stripped all of the color out of my hair once after accidentally dying it pink....
    IMO if you can absolutely stand it, DONT strip your hair. It fries your hair and literally removes every nutrient from the strands. If you do strip it, be prepared to deep condition about once every week. You can actually re-dye your hair after a few days as long as it doesn't become a habit. I've never heard of having to wait 3 months....The longest I've ever heard was 6 wks, but that is just so you don't fry your hair.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Here is a way that you can test your hair to see if it can handle anymore "damage" - Take one individual strand of your hair and slowly stretch it, if it stretches a good amount without breaking then that means that you have some elasticity left and it will endure another process, however, if it snaps in half fairly quickly then don't do anything more to it untill it grows out and you can work with normal hair again. You cannot reverse damage, you can only prevent more damage so even if you wait a month or two your hair will not be any stronger than what it is now. Sorry to say, you may have to "Bite the bullet" on this one. Good luck
    Mrs_Bonsta

Answer by Mrs_Bonsta at 11:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• cont.... And by the way, the average head of hair grows 1/4 to 1/2 inch per month - so this kind of gives you a time line to know how long you must wait if your hair does not have the elasticity needed for another process.
    Mrs_Bonsta

Answer by Mrs_Bonsta at 11:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Go to the salon and ask them.
    mom050607

Answer by mom050607 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I tried to dye my hair so the gray so it would blend in with the natural red color. I got a "Light Golden Brown" and it turned a dark brown! So I will wait a week or two and see what happens if I try a "Dark Golden Blonde". I have to stay in the "Golden"or "Red" tones because I've tried bleaching the red out before and it doesn't come out! I agree with the PP about not over processing your hair, because the time I tried bleaching it I used about 8 different products on my hair in the space of about 6 weeks, till it wouldn't take any color and ended up kind of mouse colored... I shaved my head to get rid of it, and did nothing but trim the ends for about 8 years, it's just past my waist now, and I DON'T want to repeat the shaving thing, I might not LIVE long enough for it to grow out again--and I'm in fairly good health! What really peeves me is my body hair including my eyebrows and eyelashes is all blonde.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2008