Insurance settlement under my uninsured motorist coverage. How much could i get?

I was in car accident may 25 that was not my fault. The other driver was not insured to drive the car. So my insurance company is handling my claim. I am going to be released to go back to work tommorrow. I had a sprain in my neck and a pinch nerve in my neck from the accident. Does any one know how much pain and suffering check i could expect.

ladybug0614

Asked by ladybug0614 at 4:24 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Health

• Don't look for a check any time soon!!! I was in an accident march 10, 2007 and have yet to settle!! It was the other drivers fault and everyone including his insurance company agrees.... But settlements just aren't that easy. Thy will want documentation on your injuries, if they re life long they will want proof, and they will want to know what can be done to help with the pain. If it isn't life long they will want to you go through all the appointments u til you are no longer in pain before settlement. If it's surgery, you'll want to wait u til after recovery from the surgery to settle. Don't go in and take a check as soon as it's offered. Look at what medication and treatment will cost you, gas to and from appointments, childcare if needed... It all adds up. Start a diary about your day to day pain and struggles, contact a lawyer....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:29 PM on May. 31, 2011

• You were in an accident a week ago, have already been released to return to work, and you are looking for a check for pain and suffering because the driver was uninsured? Did the driver of the other car intentionally cause this accident? You won't get anything other than your medical bills paid. Some insurances give you a specific amount ($2000 or so) for out of pocket expenses. The other driver will be ticketed and fine for driving uninsured.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:16 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Your injuries don't sound very serious and if you are already going back to work I would assume there will be no pain and suffering.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:48 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Not much, if any.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for all your comments. I did not ask for a teenager that had her licence for only 2 weeks to wreck into me and I was only off work for a week. But did I ask for the pain in my neck for that week or the side effects from the medications I was given. I quess I need to suck it up because I got into my car that day and said I hope some one hits me today. And the weeks worth of pain that I had is what I deserve and is not worth nothing. I am not expecting 20 or 30 thousand a couple thousands. I think I deserve something. She caused injury to my neck I was unable to work for a week.
    ladybug0614

Comment by ladybug0614 (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2011