How do you motivate yourself to walk or excersize daily?

Im not looking to lose weight, I am just wanting to keep in good health during my pregnancy but I have no motivation...

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 4:24 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Get a dog! :-) I walk my dog at least 3 times a day because I have to---she has to go potty. LOL. I don't have a fenced yard. And it gets me out there walking.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:26 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I have a dog but I hate walking him as he pees every other step! lol. We have a huge fenced back yard where he runs free. I tried walking with him and it got old quick
    campbellb3421

Comment by campbellb3421 (original poster) at 4:28 PM on May. 31, 2011

• When its nice, and I need to go to the grocery store for a few things, I walk instead since its close. Take the stairs instead of the elevator or ramp, I go to school so I do alot of walking from building to buliding and I have an upstaris apartment, so I tend to get my walking in without having to think much about it. But I just think of my unborn baby, and how much it can benefit her for me to be healthy, and it really helps :) Good luck!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 4:28 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Chronic pain motivates me. My knees and back don't hurt so much when I keep the muscles around the pain spots strong and stretched.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 4:29 PM on May. 31, 2011

• hmm, I just bought some exercise videos for pregnant women. Im hoping they will be more motivating than the long drive to a nature trail for a few miles walk. Maybe window shopping in a nearby air conditioned mall would be just the fun kind of exercise you need without feeling like its actually working out, especially when a friend or two are talking with you and looking at stuff as well.

I've met up with friends when our schedules aligned for a period of time and we would walk 3 or 4 miles without even realizing because we were talking the whole time and it went by so pleasantly and quickly.

Hope you find something motivating that works for you ;)
    itsaboutime

Answer by itsaboutime at 4:44 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I am in the same boat as you, so if you want pm me and we can motivate each other
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 5:28 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My mom lives just a few minutes away from me, so I invite her over to walk my neighborhood with me and talk about the baby shower, putting together the nursery, and all the other fun baby things we have to look forward to! Obviously you can call a friend and not your mom, but having someone with you is key.
    I also check out pregnancy exercise DVDs from our local library. That way, if I hate it and can just return it!
    Just think about how much more prepared you'll be for labor & delivery if you stay active.
    Good luck!
    KelBel322

Answer by KelBel322 at 6:35 PM on May. 31, 2011