Ideas on hydration drinks safe for pregnancy?

I have never been one to hydrate much, but now that I am pregnant I know it is super important I not only hydrate but drink a quart or more a day of mostly water. Ive always got water with me now and every time I think DRINK, I grab the water and take a few gulps.

Ive googled to see if there are healthier alternatives to just water and 100% juice. Ive heard of Glow mama, which I havent been able to get my hands on to buy and a website mentioned vitalyte and nuun. I dont know what those are. Besides that I know eating waterbased fruits like watermelon and oranges can help.

Did any of you find quenching drinks that were healthy and easier to gulp all day? and do you have knowledge about vitalyte and nuun? are they safe for pregnancy? Thank you for any and all replies! ;)

Oh and I put this under pregnancy instead of food and drink because I figured its about hydrating while pregnant.

itsaboutime

Asked by itsaboutime at 4:28 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I drank g2 all day everyday when I was pregnant, and still do.... Don't go and spend your money on things just because they say it's for pregnant women, that is silly.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:31 PM on May. 31, 2011

• And water is the healthiest because it dilutes your baby's pee, and since while they are in the womb, they drink and inhlae their urine, it's best to drink water...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:32 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Vitamin water works best for me. More tasty than water and keeps me drinking fluids
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 4:32 PM on May. 31, 2011

• When I was pregnant I drank mostly water, and sometimes I would squeeze a lime or lemon and add that to the water for a little bit of flavor. Eating water based fruits/veg. like melon and cucumber are good too.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Water. Everything else is just to make the manufacturers wealthy..
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:34 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I drink sobe lifewater all the time.....the zero calorie bottles.
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 4:37 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Thanks everyone! I guess Ill drink mostly water, but on some days it will be nice to try these other options you guys have posted. I couldnt afford it everyday, but between the fruit, juice, and water choices...these others sound refreshing ;)

Babybugsmama, noooo I wasnt shooting for a product to drink simply because it said its for pregnant women. I was googling for anything and everything safe to drink. This product sounded yummy to try. Something I can guzzle happily versus miserably drinking water without gusto. I understand where you are coming from though ;)
    itsaboutime

Comment by itsaboutime (original poster) at 5:04 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I would say just drink tons of water, thats what I do
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 5:27 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Water is best but if you're looking for something else, coconut water would be the way to go. Stay away from vitamin water and gatorade since they have colorings and other chemicals in them, stay away from anything that has Splenda in it since that is chlorinated sugar. I first came across the benefits of coconut water when I was looking for an alternative "sports" drink for my son because he couldn't tolerate the colorings in gatorade ... it does a much better job of hydrating than anything else out there and it is SO healthy for you!
    Anonymous

• Thank you anonymous, Id read about coconut water....I tried it once as a kid and didnt like it. Maybe it will taste better now.
    itsaboutime

Comment by itsaboutime (original poster) at 6:08 PM on May. 31, 2011