Is your job?

supposed to be a very professional setting, but just isnt? I work for a small entity of a very large company and no one in this office is professional. My bosses are maried and have the worst marriage of a lifetime. They YELL at each other for all to hear with the door wide open. One of my co-workers called the wife out and told her that it was unprofessional they act like this here. She said its because "we have a passionate marriage." What she really meant to say was failing marriage. People answer the phones "Air Ambulance." Well, there are a lot of people here so they should finish the company name and identify themselves. They all talk about things that should not be said at work. Like one guy talked about watching porn with his wife for example. Anyone else have a whacked job like this?

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 12:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Money & Work

• I worked in the most unprofessional mental health facility imaginable...people took every opportunity to screw off as much as possible. I've got a story similar to the PP...I was the day manager there and we had a problem employee on third shift. She was the type that showed up late, left early, called off all the time...needed to be told how to do her job constantly. Well, I was the one that always had to handle her discipline. One night she called me after her shift was supposed to start to tell me she was quitting. When I told her it would be documented as abandonment of duties and she would be reported for patient neglect she told me I was just a stupid bitch and she never wanted to see my f*****g face again....yeah, two years later when I worked in HR for a hospital, she came in and was looking at my f*****g b***h face telling her she wouldn't be considered! lol I was smiling too!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Eek! What a nightmare! Unfortunately, just as there are crazy people, there are crazy work places. Is there a superior to that married couple or is it their business? There's really nothing can be done about a boss' unprofessional actions if they own the business, unless it's unlawful like harassment or discrimination. I'd suggest finding another job. I worked for an impossible boss that basically forced out anyone he did not hire (including me). A year after I left, he was fired and came looking for a job at the company I'm now working for (I work in HR). He did not get the job here, for legitimate reasons. Karma is sweet. :-)

redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 1:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Kinda sounds like a fun place to work!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 4:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2008