Have you ever noticed?

When asking really tough questions about one's self they don't get answered? That it is easy to pass judgment on others but not so easy to put yourself out there.

I put a question up in the Parents section and was very surprised that only 2 people really commented... (for those of you wondering the question was if you were really colorblind when it came to your child dating & if you were okay with it, how would your family be with it).

Just wondering thoughts on either...

sipn_mom

Asked by sipn_mom at 4:46 PM on May. 31, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I think those questions that take thought don't usually make it to the "most popular" question sections and therefore many of us don't see them.

As for the answer, my mother would be fine with it, whoever it was, if they were a kind and responsible person (same as white criteria). My father might not, but he could learn to deal if the person in question was a conservative, free market capitalist, Republican with a good-paying, stable job.

The inlaws, I don't know about. I know MIL would at least TRY to accept it. I think SIL who lived in Alabama would be fine, and her kids also. Probably everyone would accept it- they accepted a beautiful, smart, rich, bright Panamanian-Italian into the family (at least partly), but I just don't know what would happen with someone more obviously ethnic (for lack of better terms) showed up- accent, darker skin, or if they were less rich and educated. How can you know what people will do?
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 5:45 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I didn't see your earlier post. I think sometimes moms skip over some because they just arent sure. I would love to say that I would be ok with it, but until my kids start dating, which better be in a loooooong time ( they are 3 and 21 months) I just can't answer and know.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:48 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I didn't see your question but some people don't answer a question when it doesn't apply to them or they just simply don't have an answer.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:50 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I've actually never noticed. My family would be fine with it. Both my parents died and neither of them would have handled it very well.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:47 PM on May. 31, 2011

• If your other question was still open I would have answered it. Maybe it got lost in the stack of questions, who knows. But, a closed question can't get any more answers.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:49 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I did not see the original or I would have answered.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:01 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I did not see the original either...sorry. I would like to think I would be ok...hubby would not be ok.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Re your original question - I don't have any experience in that regard so I wouldn't have any real input.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2011