Why is it?

simple frownwhy is it that when a family member dies everybody basically stops talking but then  they come around when theres something big happening? i just dont get it.

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 4:52 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• I know it is sad but no one knows what to say or do when someone dies. Sometimes the grief is so terrible that you don't want to be around anyone even those you love.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:55 PM on May. 31, 2011

• sad part is its been almost 14 years since this person passed
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Some people just don't know how to react when people die. That's why some people say stupid things, like 'I know just how you feel'. No, they do not. Or, why they go into overdrive with cooking or cleaning. Some just, shut down. I'm not understanding your situation though. Can you explain more? They all just stopped talking 14 years ago, and something big happened now? And now they are talking? Did they stop talking to each other, stopped like they had had a fight or something? Or like their relationships just kinda fizzled out?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:54 PM on May. 31, 2011

• In my family we were all talking frequently when our brother was in the hospital. Since he died we are right back to rarely and for some never calling another family member.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:56 PM on May. 31, 2011

• it started 14 years ago when my dad passed away and has gotten worse in the last 3-4 years since my grandparents passed away. and the big things this year are/were my sister graduated and im having my baby but they have barely said two words to me since i started dating my df
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 7:02 PM on May. 31, 2011