How do I get her to sleep?

I have a three yr old daughter. I regret ever letting her co-sleep but I want to transition her to her own bed and it is just not working. My other kiddos seemed a bit easier to transition but not her! Also, when she goes to daycare they giver her a nap and when she has had a nap she will not fall asleep before 10-11pm. I really love my day care provider and the kids do too. Every kid under school age is put down for quiet time or naps. But this leaves me with no down time in the evening whatsoever!

cwgrlmamma

Asked by cwgrlmamma at 4:57 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Set a bedtime, 8 or 830 is best. And STICK TO IT! That is the most important part :) Put her to bed in her room at the time you choose, every single night. Make sure there is a routine...dinner, bath time, jammies, bedtime, so she has plenty of time to transition to bedtime. Stay and read her a story or sing a few songs, then leave. Anytime she gets up, take her right back to bed. Her body will eventually get used to this routine, and it will become easier. Remember, to stay positive, and keep a routine!!! Good luck!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 5:01 PM on May. 31, 2011