Anxiety?!?....anti-depressant

Please no horror stories!!! or bad things that happend....if you have an anxiety you know u cant hear that stuff!

Just want to hear any success stories on being on an anti-depressant..such as celexa, paxil etc.... i have severe anxiety and thinking of trying and anti-depressant, i cant get control of my anxiety and now im starting to manifest health problems and just worry about everything. i would love to hear your stories!! thx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on May. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• I take a combo of Lexapro and Wellbutrin for anxiety and depression. It has changed my life. For the better.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:07 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder, severe generalized anxiety disorder, and OCD. I tried both paxil and celexa, and neither were something I could handle. Paxil made me lurch around like a drunk person, and celexa totally killed my ability to orgasm, but not my sex drive, which was a real bummer. lol I'm on Cymbalta now, and this is the best I've felt in 10 years. It does take time for the medicine to actually start working, though, which is something you'll need to keep in mind. Mine took about a month to kick in. Some people will start feeling a difference sooner, though.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:41 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I am on Effexor XR right now and like it. It works for me.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:07 PM on May. 31, 2011