Praising good behavior?

On a scale from 0%-100%, how often does/did praise work for good behavior?( by this I mean,"good job!", "Im so proud!" , hugs and kisses, pats on the back/head)

mamajojo024

Asked by mamajojo024 at 5:06 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• As far as a percentage goes, I really can't give one. Encouraging words are important, though. Your child may not show that it has an effect, but it does. Always praise in public and reprimand in private.
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 5:09 PM on May. 31, 2011

• It takes 100 atta-boy's or praise incidents to counteract JUST ONE reprimand. So, to answer your question, I don't know. Any and ALL praise has an effect, even if the child doesn't show it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:25 PM on May. 31, 2011

• 90% y kids react well to praise, AND kids statistically react better to praise than reprimand. I praise all day long, and they absorb it!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2011