I need a hobby or something to do for myself....

Any suggestions? I read and hang out with the kids but that's about it, (I work full time as well). Any suggestions at all would help.

amazinggrace83

Asked by amazinggrace83 at 5:09 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Well, I like to quilt, read, write, journal, crochet, garden... I collect Hoyas- a type of plant that flowers and has beautiful leaves, for a while I was trying new recipes pretty much daily and that was kind of fun, but I detest the clean up. A few of my friends have picked up beading, and one is actually selling her stuff on etsy. My mom likes to bake cakes and sew. Any of these things can be a fun, relaxing hobby if you enjoy them.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:33 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Crocheting, gardening are mine. Needle point is another good one. Baking or cooking although your hips may not agree.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:32 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Think about what you love and find something that incorporates that.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:51 PM on May. 31, 2011

• crocehing, knit, crossword puzzles, scrapbooking,jigsaw puzzles, if in to coupons and enough friends try coupon poker, read, needle paint, paint ceremics, latch hook rugs, pen pals, travel, try different places around your house you have being wanting to try, make jams with all the summer produce coming in, sew.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:52 PM on May. 31, 2011

• reading,penpals,puzzels,painting sun catchers
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 8:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Personally, I am having an anti-craft reaction to being a SAHM so long. I like to read. I just finished a unit on religion and some history, and I really want to take up archery. I'd like to learn sword-fighting (not fencing), but I only know big men who do that, and they don't pull punches- I can't afford to be out of commission every time I'm hit. I also want to have the energy a tthe end of the day to write. My new hobby was beer-brewing, till I found out I can't do it because I have to watch the baby (needs 3-4 hour chunks), so my husband took that one over. Grr!

And I like to cook different foods, mostly foreign, that are easy to mess up and my family won't eat.

I have no creative/visual ability at all. And I don't really care. I'm not so domestic. And what I was, I got so annoyed at being pigeonholed, I lost interest (used to cross-stitch or crochet in the car as a passenger). Tech/web/programming is fun, too.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:56 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Maybe join a gym or some sort of a book club?
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:05 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Try sewing
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 11:07 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Maybe take some classes online also.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 11:08 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Go back to school
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 3:58 AM on Jun. 6, 2011