Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can or should I do?? adult content

Its such a big mess here. My step dad is crazy. He lives in his own world and has lost all reality. He thinks either everyone is out to get him or he knows who killed people. He thinks my mom and I are trying to poison him. I have been out of that house since i was 8 due to his physical violence, and went to live with my grandma. My mom chose him over me but that was along time ago so anyways moving on...... I have 2 sisters that live in the house with him and my mom. Ages 13 and 10 I have always worried about them living there and lately its gotten worse. See because he thinks I am trying to poison him he has made it so that the kids cant come over, or cant even call unless they sneak. And of course my mom listens to what he says. He is saying that people drug him and then rape my 13 year old sister but that he cant do anything because he was drugged. He says people live in the attic and come out at night to steal things, he says that my mom drugs him and has sex with 3 men while he watches and cant do anything because he is so drugged. And yet my mom stays. I know for a fact he as physically abused my mom and the kids, but my mom says "he is her soul mate and that she wont leave him". But I knew every weekend I would see them. and every school break and all summer. But now with barely little contact I am loosing it myself. I know my mom wont leave him. Even his mom and my grandma has said that there afraid he will kill them all because he is that out of it and that was years ago and it has only gotten worse. I love my sisters like they were my kids I have always made sure they had school supplies clothes for school etc. That they had money to go to field trips, skating everything. I have had enough My mom wont leave him and that's a fact she made me leave her own flesh and blood over loosing her husband who hits her all the time. And doesn't try to take up for my sisters at all. What can I do? Can I just pick them up at a friends house and take them? Do I have rights to them? I don't want the state to get them I want them. We have always been very close when my 13 year old sister started her period I gave her "the talk" and took her to the store to get what she needs. But I cant stand by any more and watch this happen to them. My mom is grown she made her bed and can lay in it. But I am done worrying about them kids I want them now and need to know of a fast way to make that happen hopefully legally. I just don't want to keep waiting and then get a bad phone call and it be to late. Please any thing y'all could say or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Answer Question

Asked by piorkowski at 5:11 PM on May. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 11 (561 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • contact dhs. relatives always get the children first (provided your stable and healthy and what not) they can get the kids bring them to you and even help pay for their extra living expenses in most states.

    Answer by takes_a_village at 5:15 PM on May. 31, 2011

  • cant even believe i would recommend it but call your local cps office and explain everything to them, if your grandmother is willing to let them come stay with you guys then have her talk to them as well.. without a doubt those kids are going to need some help..

    Answer by girlglow6 at 5:18 PM on May. 31, 2011

  • Well I am a stay at home mom of 3 my husband works and we rent a home. We dont aloow any drinking or drugs around the house or our children. And we get no assistance from the state as far as food stamps and what not. But money is tight and we work a budget. However I will go back to work if need be to make sure we are considered stable money wise. We have everything we need but thats it everything else we save for and plan ahead kinda thing KWIM? Do you think I should get a job before I call them? Will it up my chances?

    Comment by piorkowski (original poster) at 5:19 PM on May. 31, 2011

  • IDK how it would go if my grandma tried. There getting up in years and my grandpas health isnt that great. But they own there own home and what not and would have room. I just dont know if they would look at there age?

    Comment by piorkowski (original poster) at 5:22 PM on May. 31, 2011

  • CPS for the kids and APS for your mom and step dad he has lost it and needs professional help.

    Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:31 PM on May. 31, 2011

  • APS?

    Comment by piorkowski (original poster) at 5:33 PM on May. 31, 2011

  • I agree to call cps and offer to take them.

    Answer by admckenzie at 5:33 PM on May. 31, 2011

  • you dont have to go to work to get them, if you are stable enough to provide a place for them call cps, most states have a relative foster care program, but not all provide financial assistance for relatives.. so you consider going to work depending on whether or not they will provide assistance..

    Answer by girlglow6 at 5:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

  • aps, adult protective services..

    Answer by girlglow6 at 5:50 PM on May. 31, 2011

  • ok thanks I have never heard of that here in Oklahoma APS that is. SO i was like what lol. I was thinking area police service LOL sorry I'm out of it today


    Comment by piorkowski (original poster) at 5:55 PM on May. 31, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.