How do I cook a steak in the oven?

I want to cook 4 small steaks in the oven and I've never cooked them that way? How and how long and on what temp would I cook them if I want them to be cooked medium?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 5:12 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Food & Drink

• google boo google lol... they can help u flavor them too (i suck at cooking) google helps out a lot
    Anonymous

• Broil them. I'm not sure how long, but not very. You can either use a meat thermometer to check temps, or cut into the thickest part of the steak to check doneness.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:27 PM on May. 31, 2011

• All recipes .com
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:29 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I broil them in an iron skillet, 3 mins, then flip, 3 min then flip...4 times.

I season with seasoned salt, onion powder, garlic salt, and GrillMates Montreal Steak seasoning; after the meat has rested in a mixture of Cholula hot sauce and worcestershire sauce.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:37 PM on May. 31, 2011

• 4x altogether... not 4 more times. Should have clarified.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:38 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I use an ovensafe skillet and bring a bit of olive oil to high temp, and sear both sides of the (seasoned) meat. Then I put the pan under the broiler and broil about 3 minutes on each side. Put it on a plate to let it rest (cover with foil)(meat will continue cooking).

While meat is resting, add about 3/4 cups liquid (water, beer or wine). Bring to a boil and reduce, scaping the pan. Makes a sauce.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 6:35 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Cook them in a cooking bag and you can add onions, green peppers, red peppers and season and you don't have to flip them, they will cook on both sides and turn out juicy and tender
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 3, 2011