Do we all have someone like this in our life?

That person whom you have no interest in a close friendship with but whom always feels it necessary to ask multiple questions until they FINALLY get you to give them details that you never really intended to share with them? Example: DH was home this weekend - neighbor we don't really like but are cordial towards saw him outside & stopped only to ask when he was leaving (he works out of town). He politely told her "Next week". Not good enough: what day? DH politely said "Tuesday". Not good enough; morning, afternoon or evening? He politely said "Morning". Not good enough- what time?
DH rolled his eyes and asked her if she was planning to burgle the house or what - she got offended.

Some people are so clueless.
Do we all know someone like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I do!
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:15 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My dad is like that! Drives me crazy. The less he knows, the better, but he doesn't see it that way!! lol
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 5:15 PM on May. 31, 2011

• lol thats a bit nosey and i would have asked her the samething.. i dont know anyone like that but im sure i will run into one eventually
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 5:16 PM on May. 31, 2011

• yes, but only because i don't want to tell anymore than necessary.... I make them work for the answer if they are going to be that nosy.
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 5:17 PM on May. 31, 2011

• shoot i would ask the same question what the heck it's none of her buisness... but yeah we all do i just try to keep it really simple and short.... shoot i don't even tell my close family all my plans like that with all the detail.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 5:19 PM on May. 31, 2011

• eye rollingMy mother. Love her dearly, but ARG!!

DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:19 PM on May. 31, 2011

• yeah...ive learned how to ignore mine's constant questions by just appearing dim haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:20 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My MIL is like that. She thinks she needs to know every detail of our lives. Personally, I think the less she knows the better. She has a habit of changing the facts and then sharing her version of the story with the world. For example, the library called while she was here and wanted to let us know that a book we requested was in. She answered our home phone because I was in the bathroom. All the library said was to have me call them. The next day I hear her talking to her friend that the library won't allow us to check out books anymore because I'm stealing them. Really, wth?!? She thinks we have way too many books and since I don't spend a fortune on them (I get them at a local thrift store 12 for a $1) I must be stealing them. This is only a mild example of the kinds of crap we deal with from her.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:27 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My dh's aunt.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:37 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yes. This person is known as being nosy and a gossip. This is the person who has to know all just so (s)he can make sure to be able to tell all with the validation - I heard it from ______ myself.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:39 PM on May. 31, 2011