Baby Walkers

I just purchased a baby walker for my 10 month old to play in every once in a while...Have you had good success with them or not?

Limarey

Asked by Limarey at 5:14 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's all common sense. if you are going to have a baby in a walker, you have to make sure that they aren't anywhere where they are going to go down a set of stairs or a driveway where they are going to hurt themselves. both mine had walkers and all 3 of my grandchildren had walkers, GUESS WHAT, they are all doing very well.... Walkers are fine, again, its the common sense.
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 5:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I thought it was a great investment. It made me more comfortable and I felt I got alot more done instead of trying to chase him around or locking him up with a gate all the time. He'll be 1 in two weeks and he's not completely walking by himself yet, but he's almost there. But when he wants to get something quickly, he crawls lol
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:24 PM on May. 31, 2011

• depends.... helping them walk?? nope.. sitting them in something so you know they dont get into stuff? Yup.. Giving them a try to eat on not to make a mess? Yup..
    Anonymous

• I agree, its common sense. Walkers are only dangerous when people don't think. Its kind of like a bike. It has wheels and a seat, but you still need to be aware of the possible dangers (like a flight of stairs going DOWN) of the area it's being used in.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:40 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Oh my goodness, I think the walker is the best ever!!! I purchased a really nice bouncer and she got over it. In the walker she just loves following me around, and at 8 months she can walk with us holding her. She loves the mobility and I think its a great way to get the walking motion... there are common sense issues like avoiding stairs, but you would never leave your baby unattended anyway!
    msparklym13

Answer by msparklym13 at 7:49 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yea my son loved his walker, and I agree with nybor48, it's just common sense not to have them where they can fall down a flight of stairs or get to anything that could hurt them. lol
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 9:12 PM on May. 31, 2011

• They are illegal in Canada. My kids did pretty well without them. They had an exersaucer instead, which they loved :)
    sunshine82

Answer by sunshine82 at 5:26 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I'm with Sunshine. I don't know if they're illegal here in the States, but they sure as hell aren't safe. I don't know HOW many vidoes I've seen of babies in walkers falling down a flight of stairs. I got an adjustable height, fold-for-storage, excersaucer that my kids could NOT get enough of.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:30 PM on May. 31, 2011

• *videos....darn typos
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:31 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Our son had an exosaucer which he loved, basically the same thing without the mobility :), he was able to strenghten his legs and I could keep my eye on him! :)
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 6:22 PM on May. 31, 2011