What shots do they get at their 1 year checkups?

My sons 1 year checkup is today... and I was just wondering if they get shots this time and if they do what kind?

Kryssi17

Asked by Kryssi17 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was told no shots for the 1 year check up. Unless he has not had a flu shot and then they will ask if you want to get that.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Call ahead and ask the doc's office. Every practice does it differently.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My son got two shot yestrday at his 1 year checkup and i think he got hep a #1 and prev (pneumococcal). They told us the same thing that he wasn't going to get any shot but our dr was wrong. My son has his flu last month.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• He had one for pnemonia and chicken box and part of the flu shot... the second part is next month... and hes having the MMR... I asked the to hold off today because I want to research it more... I have been hearing mixed things about the MMR shot
    Kryssi17

Answer by Kryssi17 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2008