S/O of "You or the in laws"

The question was a good question, about defending your so/dh when someone is being disrespectful or speaking badly of them. I wanted to extend it a little further. As I had answered in the original question, SO and I typically fight our own battles, and don't need to defend one another. Sometimes we do, but we don't immediately jump the gun to defend either. IMO, someone could just be having a concern more than a personal issue against them, so i feel it's important to listen completely before going into defense mode. I'm not condoning others of speaking badly about him, but I know sometimes he can come off as being a jerk and that frustrates some people to the point where they might feel compelled to put him down even though they are just more irritated than anything. So, do you always defend regardless or does it vary according to circumstance?

DJsMommy610

Asked by DJsMommy610 at 5:17 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• I would always defend my husband if my parents were attacking him. I know all too well that inlaws can be cruel and heartless - this is the kind of MIL I have and I would never wish that on anyone.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:23 PM on May. 31, 2011

• for me it does very but if he is not around then i will defend him to the fullest no matter what.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 5:24 PM on May. 31, 2011

• i typically defend him, the only way i wouldnt would be if he did something thoroughly wrong/unforgivable
    brookemhowell

Answer by brookemhowell at 7:59 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I always defend my dh and he is the same with me, we stand together.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:11 PM on May. 31, 2011