Rolling over

my 5 month old daughter has just recently learned to roll over onto her stomach. the only problem is she hates it and cries every time she's on her stomach. when i put her to bed she always seems to roll over in her crib and i have to keep going in her room to roll her back over. it's been an on going battle for the past 2 days and i have been losing sleep over it. i know there is probably nothing i can do about it, but if anyone has any suggestions i would really appreciate it.

olivias_mommy85

Asked by olivias_mommy85 at 5:17 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when she gets to the side she hates help her by rolling her a little less then half way to the side she likes then as her muscles are working to push her the rest of the way assist her doing that for a week or so and she will have astered rolling back to the side she likes.
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 5:19 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My 5 month old started rolling over a few weeks ago too.. He doesn't like it so much either, but I found if he's super tired, and only whining I'll leave him, he usually falls asleep on his own. But If he's screaming I go in and turn him over, I use a soother I'll stay with him until his eyes close sometimes so he doesn't roll back over. Hard question, hope that helps a little.
    Luvmyriley

Answer by Luvmyriley at 5:22 PM on May. 31, 2011

• my son did that as long as there face isnt coverd she should be fine thats what his doc told us i hope u get to rest soon good luck
    tjmommy2010

Answer by tjmommy2010 at 5:22 PM on May. 31, 2011

• While awake help her by either starting her or helping her to finish, so she learns to roll back over she will do it in her sleep just fine.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:25 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Mine just finished doing that litle number. We finally started just letting her throw her little tantrum. She even cried herself to sleep sometimes. She finally got over it. She just learned how to do it herself. Give about 15 min. of crying before picking up.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 5:48 PM on May. 31, 2011

• They used to have those little wedge type things that you lay them in between it to keep them from rolling over. And I can't remember for the life of me what they're called. At her age, it should be safe enough for her to use.
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 9:08 PM on May. 31, 2011

• thank you everyone for all your advice =)
    and i know exactly what your talking about with those wedge things. ill have to go and look for one.
    olivias_mommy85

Comment by olivias_mommy85 (original poster) at 9:19 PM on May. 31, 2011

• how does she do with tummy time? does she like it? Possibly continue to increase the amount of tummy time with toys all around her for her to grab. They make the little mirrors that my dd loved to look into during tummy time when she was that age. good luck!
    Mommytobe618

Answer by Mommytobe618 at 9:32 PM on May. 31, 2011

• she will stay on her tummy for just a few minutes and then she'll start to cry. last night was the first time she actually slept on her tummy for a little bit, but it was a one time thing lol. i hope she gets used to it and starts to like it soon.
    olivias_mommy85

Comment by olivias_mommy85 (original poster) at 9:45 PM on May. 31, 2011