What can I do to start feeling better?

I'm seven weeks along, and constantly exhausted. I know fatigue is part of the first trimester bit. How am I supposed to be able to work a "run" a family feeling like this? Any tips on what to do?

PS-Please don't suggest exercising. I hardly have enough engery to do simple little things. There's no way I'd make it through a workout.

mrsjon

Asked by mrsjon at 5:19 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Make sure you're eating and drinking enough. Naps rest. Do short burst of getting 1 thing done then sit down for 10-15 min and rest. Take a nap even 30 min would help. And if it doesn't need to get done don't do it. Delegate and ask for help.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:58 PM on May. 31, 2011

• start with taking a nice shower it is always refreshing... but even just walking around the house a bit and eating super foods like fruits and vegs help out a lot too... you should probly talk to you doctor about this too... but i hope you find something that works for you GL
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 5:22 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Its best to rest when you feel like that, it sucks but thats all you can do
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 5:27 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Iron pills helped me, I was tired due to lack of proper iron in my diet and that is something that effects all pregnant women. And honestly I hate to say it but I am sleeping now more so than the first trimester.. I am almost done. Fruit juices , and eating regularly also help.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 5:37 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I'm 6 months pregnant and have been exhausted and sick the whole time! I try my best to get to bed super early! Not sure if that is possible for you even but I take a hot shower, and start my night routine early! Most days that helped me but now a days I can sleep 9 hours and I'm still exhausted... so I tried changing what I eat. I eat alot of salad and fruit and it tends to make me have so much more energy! I also drink tons of water!! It really has made a difference! I hope this helps!
    oliviahw

Answer by oliviahw at 9:24 PM on May. 31, 2011