How much would you pay

I am getting ready to get rid of all my kids clothes! Tons of name brand stuff. How much so you think I should sell it for in my garage sale? Most of it is Childrens place and old navy.

JackieB33

Asked by JackieB33 at 5:29 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Shopping

• Garage sale - start at $1.00 each but don't be surprised if people are looking more at 2 for a $1.00 type deal. Good Luck. What size and where are you?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:38 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yep, around here it doesn't matter if it's namebrand or generic, people won't want to pay much more than $1 per piece or even less. I donated my son's baby things to a women's shelter.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 5:42 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yea anything I don't get rid of im going to donate. I have sizes p-18m for boyfriend and p-12m for girls.
    JackieB33

Comment by JackieB33 (original poster) at 6:43 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Also im in Kansas
    JackieB33

• A
    FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Answer by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 6:54 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Childrens Place & Old Navy aren't any huge brand name - they can be bought really cheap brand new if you watch sales. Even in great condition $1-2 per peice or $3-4 per outfit would be the max.
    Anonymous

• If you want to get the most money and bang for your buck, you might want to look into a consignment specialty sale. Around here we have one called Ring Around the Rosy, and I'm sure there are similar ones across the country. RATR happens 4 times a year, and you have to rush to get a spot as a consignor. Not only do you get your stuff consigned, as a consignor you get a preview day to shop. And you can choose to have your stuff pulled for return before the half price days, or after the half price, or just donated at the end. They take care of all of the marketing, sales setup, tracking, etc, and help with pricing.

Outside of that, your best bet is to sell the clothes in "lots". Your price per item will be lower than the top price you'd get, but you'll get less hassles on price (or at least more room to maneuver) and end up with higher over all. Sell a set of clothes that go together somewhat, in the same size.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:46 PM on May. 31, 2011