Have your kids......

gotten hurt at school? I don't mean falling and scraping their knee or elbow that happens to every kid. Last month my 6 yr old tripped and bit a hole in his lip and needed 3 stitches. My 4 yr old hasn't gotten seriously hurt at school yet, How about your kids?

JessMomToDLA

Asked by JessMomToDLA at 5:33 PM on May. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• Not seriously hurt, no. My oldest got whacked int he head with a frisbee the 3rd day of kindergarten. Came home with a nice shiner and a sticker from the nurse. We still laugh about it. Then my son fell getting off the bus after a field trip in kindergarten. On his birthday no less. He scraped his back all up but was fine. Mostly just embarrassed.
    Other than that they come home with typical bruises and scrapes. More so now at this new school because they have a playground.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:35 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Seriously hurt - No. But hurt a few times on the playground.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• no not as of yet,
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 5:38 PM on May. 31, 2011

• No, not seriously hurt. We homeschool now but when they went to public school they were the in with the lucky kids who didn't get hurt too bad on the playground. I have seen many kids sent to the hospital for stitches at our local schools and one poor little girl was actually killed by a teeter totter type toy coming down on her head and cracking her skull.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:41 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Nope, not in 2 years of preschool each for 2 kids and 1 of K. My son doesn't play hard though. I don't know if they even got a scraped knee. I hope they do eventually play a little more with the kids, even if it means we have a few urgent care appointments (I know my 2 year old will get hurt). Obviously, I am hoping for non-permanent injuries.

My son did lose 2 of his 3 teeth so far at school! They come to me in baggies :-)
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 5:58 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I'm not there yet with my son but I know when i was little, I was running down a hill in the playground and I tripped in a hole and sprained my ankle for the first time. Since then, i've had numerous sprains and as an adult, I sometimes blame that damn hole for my ankle issues lol
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 6:18 PM on May. 31, 2011

• My 5 year old DD was walking back to the classroom with the rest of the class after visiting the library and wasn't paying attention to what was in front of her - she walked right into the corner of an open door and split open her bottom lip. The teacher called me up frantic because my DD was bleeding every where and the nurse told her she'd need stitches. I picked her up from school, brought her to the ER where a friend of mine was working and he just smiled and shook his head because he knows my DD is a klutz. The teacher kept apologizing, honestly my DD has always had a tendency to walk into and fall off of things since she could walk. It wasn't her first time getting stitches and she is quite proud of her various scars.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 9:39 PM on May. 31, 2011

• When I was growing up two kids broke their arms in one year falling off the monkey bars.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:41 PM on May. 31, 2011