Are you chicken?

Chicken shit like me? I used to be daring and not afraid of much but since I had kids I noticed I am scared of stuff I never used to be. I imagine the worst possible outcome and worry way too much about my kids. I have 4 kids 3 are boys ages 11-7 and they are pure boys and little dare devils. But I find myself fretting over the littlest things they do afraid they are going to get hurt, even stuff I did as a kid. So anyone else out there that this has happend to?

cwgrlmamma

Asked by cwgrlmamma at 5:38 PM on May. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I've been called overprotective, helicopter parent. I worry about everything and try to keep from letting them know that.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:39 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I do to some degree.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:39 PM on May. 31, 2011

• sometimes I am a chicken! lol

laughing

BlessednHappy

Answer by BlessednHappy at 5:40 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Nope ... I know this will get me down votes, but I will be honest.

When my son was small, we drove sports cars almost exclusively. We had a 1969 Plymouth Road Runner with the ass end jacked up (air shocks), a 383 Hemi under the hood (damn that was sweet) and I drove like a bat out of hell. I would race at stop lights (that's one habit I just can't seem to break). The boy grew up loving speed and fast cars.

I tend to lean towards the wilder side of things. I always have. I didn't see why a kid should change it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:59 PM on May. 31, 2011

• yes i am
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 6:15 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Not really. I have 3 sons. I would warn them that they are going to get hurt. If they didn't listen, I would always tell them not to run to me for sympathy when they did get hurt. Usually they would stop. Sometimes, they wouldn't. Now, they are 27, 25, and 16. They still get told not to run to me when they get hurt. It usually gets a chuckle from them now.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:37 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Nope most of the time I'm like they will only do it once (now mind you we have rules and I don't let them injure themselves or each other)
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 8:25 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Yes I am
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2011